“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
“Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” – Sherry Anderson
Leadership/Board Volunteer Opportunities
We have many time commitments that may be either weekly, monthly, or annually.
We are always looking for individuals to join our OTAO Board. If you are intrigued and want to see the back end/business side of OTAO by following/working closely with an OTAO Board Member, let us know.
OTAO Archive Project
OTAO has many historical documents (back to our licensure in 1947) in boxes stored in many closets in Oregon, and at least one in California. Come, read through, organize, and help us put some order in our history!
OTAO Conference Committee
The OTAO Annual Conference Committee plans each event. This is typically a year long planning process, and we value additional support to:
- Finalize a venue location (2 in Portland, 1 away is current standard)
- Find presentation speakers and posters
- Find exhibitors, vendors, and sponsors
- Obtain auction items for student scholarships, and maintain constant contact with the associate manager.
If you are great at event planning and want to work closely with the planning committee, please let us know!
OTAO Legislative Committee
- Creating and carrying out action plans to defend or assist OT practice in Oregon,
- Collaborating with the Oregon Occupational Therapy Licensing Board for both legislative and licensing issues,
- Collaborating with AOTA on both state and federal legislative issues that affect OT practice in Oregon,
- Planning and carrying out one occupational therapy legislative day in Salem each year, and
- Submitting articles to newsletters and/or emails outlining current state and federal legislation that affects OT practice when in session.