OTAO MEMBER FORUMS
Forum Guidelines, Rules, and Responsibilities
- Please use SEARCH first to ensure that this topic has not already been addressed
- Use meaningful, descriptive, or specific titles for new topics
- Do not switch topics when replying to a previously posted topic. This new topic will not relate at all to what appears in the message string subject line.
- Refrain from posting “naked” links – all links should include an explanation or excerpt unless its meaning is clear from the content
- Avoid profanities, obscenities, lewd and otherwise offensive words and remarks. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective; however, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community.
- Avoid posting in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS or otherwise using distracting formatting
- If you see a thread/post that has broken a rule, please report this to the OTAO forum moderator(s).
- Do not post information that can be deemed as self-serving commercial advertising for products or services.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Do not PM (private message) users asking for help or ask for email addresses or phone numbers with the OTAO Forum platform.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times.
- All posts should be professional and courteous
- What happens if I break a forum rule?
- If you break a forum rule, you will either be warned or banned (depending on the severity). NOTE: A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent.
- The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move, or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
- Visit the forum(s) frequently, actively take part in the discussions as often as possible (ideally once a day), and setting a good example to the other members.
- Have a positive presence on OTAO forum(s).
- Proactive in providing up-to-date posts.
- Be knowledgeable in the content area of the forum(s).
- Be polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- Take an active part in the discussions between moderators relating to the running of the forum(s).
- Help to keep unsuitable content out of the forum(s) as much as possible.