OTAO 2019 Advocacy Day will be held on April 12th. Click here for more information.
A portion of membership dollars go to pay for OTAO’s lobbyists, who:
- Monitor legislation for how it will affect OT practitioners and consumers
- Alert membership to important issues through communication to the OTAO board and postings on the website and newsletter
- Testify on behalf of OTAO. Most of us can’t drive down to Salem on a workday to testify before the legislature on a bill–the lobbyist can!
- Work with other lobbyists and representatives from other professions to sort through complicated issues
- Participate in OTAO Legislative Day at the Capitol to help increase awareness of OT and facilitate direct contact with policy makers.
Remember, it is your membership dollars and support of OTAO that helps us do this. Thank you!